Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Blog I've Sadly Neglected!




After almost exactly a month, I'm back and uploading pictures of my life's delightful randomness. This actually a picture that I took purely by accident. It's of the cover of a magazine that I've been reading, and I liked how this accident came out. Somehow the mistakes I make in art (and sometimes in life) end up being the things that I enjoy more than my most planned pieces. It almost makes me want to try to mess up. I am a firm believer in plans...but it's often best to completely throw them out the window.

I found this guy in the window of an antique store. What I like most about this pict is that it says "Italy" on the bottom. I've been attacked by this wanderlust in the last few weeks. Shows about Europe have actually brought tears to my eyes. So, what is actually a rather trivial detail makes the whole picture for me.

This a wonderful, yet extremely simple piece that I put together. The bead with the tiny jewel on the end is literally something that was dug up. My boyfriend found it in our little garden and thought I might be able to make something out of it (he's very smart). The house was built back in the 20s and people seem to have lost a lot of other little things in the front flower bed. The other charm is another bracelet that I wear, and I can't take credit for it (though it is from a smashing vintage store on Green Street, in Pasadena).

And this is the elephant that has been keeping me company at work...on my desktop. Sadly, I can't take credit for him; he's from National Geographic. But as soon as I get my own elephant pictures, I'm sure that it will be seen on this blog first. They really are quite fabulous creatures; it just astounds me to see something so HUGE.
Well, that's all for now. This has been quite enjoyable! I'm not sure why I took such a long hiatus.
Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment