Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here I am


I look at this almost every day. They are some of the things that I keep with me at work to remind me that there is art and beauty in the world. The painting is something I had done over a few lunches, and it is like a window into a world of color and imagination. The Russian dolls are also something that I love. Someone I think very highly of brought them back from Russia for me.


These are the pins that I got from Vintage Sanctuary that I blogged about last time. The one with the ruby slippers has already found it's way to a friend. I acted as ambulance last night when my friend hurt her foot at a soft ball game. It's not broken, but she's a bit banged up. I gave her the Ruby Slipper pin at the hospital as an encouragement that all will be well, and "There's No Place Like Home." (However, it occurred to me later that this particular friend isn't a fan of the Wizard of Oz...that's all right; the rest of the evening was a comedy of errors anyway).
I also played softball last night, and managed not to break my foot...though I was another likely candidate. This is actually a momentous event, because I have not willingly played a softball game in quite a while. One never knows what they day will bring, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment