Thursday, June 3, 2010

More wanderings and ramblings


Isn't this just fantastically lovely? It makes one believe in angels and heaven! And of course, the view was even better in person! The ocean is a good idea...especially when complimented with streams of sunbeams!
It's Thursday, you know; at least, it's Thursday in my part of the world. I have no problem with Thursday, especially since it's Friday's Friday. But it can still weigh one down a bit...being still stuck at work and all. It helps to remind me that somewhere in the world there is another shot like the one above going on. They aren't just a weekend thing. Nature does not wait for the weekends to create; I should listen more to nature.


I found this pig in front of the library at Fuller Theological Seminary. Apparently, there is a theologian out there who likes to draw pigs. I added my own little bits to him, actually (Microsoft Paint can be pretty useful). I think that I'll call him...Jacque! It seems friendly enough for a friendly pig. And thank you to whomever, drew him; you brightened my day a bit!

I have to show you something that I'm really excited about! They're my latest art pieces!


I have so many magazines, and I hate to just throw them away, so I've started to use magazine picts and text in some of my art work. I find it more earth friendly and I like the more edgy pieces I can come up with.
The second one is for a friend. The sheet music is from Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. And the pressed flowers are primarily from an afternoon walk I took a few weeks back. That orange flower is from an obliging flower picker in Oceanside (sadly, this person is completely unknown to me). I like how this came out because it is fresh, while at the same time being weathered. I rather enjoy it when I can get two completely opposing notions to get a long well together; it so rarely happens that way in life.
I think that's all for the moment, but I will come up with more things for "Show and Tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment