Monday, June 7, 2010

Today


I've had a fairly satisfying weekend. Those origami creatures to the left are some of the fruits of my efforts this weekend. Some of the best, most worth while things that I do are of no practical value. It's nice to have something light and friendly float through the air next to you. My crane-mobile was this week's art project. I think that origami is supposed to be good for patience...at least it has been teaching me patience.


I've discovered a wonderful vintage store in Oceanside with friendly employees, by the way. So far, I've got several different buttons (apparently, the owner makes them...very DIY...I like it), and a used rosary from Vintage Sanctuary. They have a huge assortment of vintage clothes and it's all pretty reasonably priced (which I appreciate; some vintage stores charge prices that I find rather high). Also, had a nice talk about the Beatles too.
If you'll notice (as I just did), this picture has a poster for the 4th of July Parade in Oceanside (which will actually take place on the 3rd at 10am). Sounds pretty awesome! I haven't been to any parade since I was a kid, I think. Maybe we should all give it a try.

I love this picture from inside Vintage Sanctuary. It's such a jumble that I can't focus on anything...but it's such a mass of little treasures and odds and ends that I'd just want to sit down and explore for awhile.
Apparently, they are opening another location in July that will have vintage furniture. This is quite fortuitous for me, because I am looking for a nice beat up frame for some of my art work...something nice and weathered and loved will do.
Until later, happy Monday. Please remember to create impractical things, and explore your local vintage store. You never know what you will find!

No comments:

Post a Comment